Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sewing Maniac

He's a maniac, maniac, do do do do!

Lol, I think I spelled that wrong. But anyways, I am a little maniac over quilting right now. My mother in law took me to hobby lobby, where we got a whole bunch of fabric for a quilt I want to make me and my husband. It is going to be a beautiful quilt.

The only question is, why doesn't people just make their own quilts, instead of paying a fortune in buying them? It took less than a hundred dollars to buy the fabric. Which means what I am making is actually costs less than spending sometimes over a thousand dollars for hand made quilts. I think that people need to learn and know the basics of sewing.

Anways, I was getting side tracked a little. But you know what? Who cares? It's not your blog, so there. I got all the little pieces cut out for my quilt, so last night I started sewing on the sewing machine. When my mother was alive, she taught me how to quilt by hand.

So this is a little different. I sewed once on a sewing machine, and it was a quilt I made for an ex of mine. So thinking back on it, I really don't give two shits if it came out shitty or not.

I was nervous starting up the machine. I mean, I had my mother in law guiding me through all the steps, but I couldn't help but feel the sweat start trickling down my back. It actually might have been from the heat. The sewing room gets hardly any air from the air conditioner.

After a couple of tries, I actually started to get the hang of it. I was up until three in the morning, sewing on my quilt. I kind of want to go back to it, but my mother in law is gone to an appointment, and I don't want to mess up royally without her help. Maybe one day I will feel comfortable enough to do it on my own, but not today!

Oh and I'll post a final blog when it's all done and finished with a picture of the finished product for you, the readers, to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment