Friday, February 11, 2011

Cloud 9

I feel like I'm on Cloud 9 right now. Why you ask? Let me explain.

So I got out of the military about seven months ago, wanting to go to college. It took that long, and many colleges later, to finally find the college right for me. It was a headache, don't get me wrong. Sometimes I felt like I wasn't going to be able to go to college for what I wanted. And sometimes I felt like I wasted my life in the military because some of the VA reps and various colleges were yanking me around.

Then, as I was talking to my sister, almost giving up hope, she told me about Everest. She recommended me to call them and just talk to them about what I wanted to do and see if they had something to offer. It took me a couple of minutes to get my courage up to play ring around the rosy with yet another college before making that call.

I'm glad I did though. Not only did they had what I wanted, the staff were real professional and nice. Not one got mad at me because my baby demanded my attention, not one got mad because I had "too many" questions. As soon as I opened my mouth and told them I was a veteran, the guy put me on the phone with the VA reps working there.

And let me tell you, it was a relief off my back. They all knew how to help me with the benefits and applying for college. And that is worth more weight in gold. I had some college tell me that they do accept the benefits, but don't know how to help me with them. I had some VA reps from other colleges either didn't want to be bothered, not show up for the appointments, or told me flat out that I had to pay out of pocket for now until they can get my stuff approved because it was going to take a while.

Like I said, a headache. But not with this college. And I am glad. Also they acted like distant friends that you haven't seen in awhile. I know, weird analogy, but that's what it felt like to me.

All I have to say is, if you are wanting to go back to college, give these guys a call. They will help you or help you find someone that can help  you.

I just hope that my mom is proud of me. I can see the thumbs up and smile on her face. Not just because I am pursuing a degree, but because of everything else. I have a loving family, and a loving set of in-laws.

Also, I realized that through the first year of our marriage, my husband and I learned to grow together. We don't get into as many fights as we did once upon a time. Also, we grew more in love with each other. I love my husband. I doubt he or my child will ever know the true extent of my love for both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment