Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valetine's Day

The big day has come. Many men are going to be sweating all day trying to get their loved ones a Valentine's Day gift. Usually I don't celebrate it. I have come to an agreement with my self that all this day is for is for the candy companies, and the card companies to get richer off of us poor folk.

Now that I'm married, however, my husband I agreed that we will celebrate it. We agreed that this time of the year, we will be thankful for what the other one has done all year long.

What has my husband done for me this year? Well, he works and pays the bills. Which I am exceedingly grateful for. Once I got out of the military, I haven't had to lift a finger at another job. Even though most of you will probably agree that a stay at home mom is a full time job without medical benefits and usually without days off. It would be even more difficult if I had to work on top of it.

Not once has my husband got onto me about not having a job or what not. He understands that my life is crazy with just raising our son. I know some people would demand that their wife go back to work. If you think about it, the days where one partner works and the other stays at home with the kids is long gone. Not in this economy can you do that. But my husband is a sweetheart. He doesn't complain about it.

And he knows that the next few years are going to be ever hard for us. He's getting out which means we both will have to look for jobs. You know what he offered though? That when he gets out, he will find a full time job while I go to college until after I get through the nursing program, that way it wouldn't be so hard on me to go to college and work at the same time. How awesome is that? Then, after I get done with all my college and get employed as a nurse, he will do the stay at home thing while going to college.

My only regret is that I can't get him something nice for Valetine's. The only thing I could think of was to let him relax yesterday on his last day off for the weekend. So I packed my child in the car, grabbed my friend, and we went mall cruising for awhile. My husband told me that was the best gift I could give him. Usually I just leave the baby with him and split because I want time away from the kid. Yesterday though, I let him have some time off.

I can't believe how much my life has changed. Last Valentine's Day, I was alone and pregnant. I slept through most of the day that day. Seeing as how it was a Sunday, I didn't want to do anything. Now though, I have a child, and my husband and I are finally living together. It's a beautiful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment