Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We Wait Now

Do you ever hate waiting for a result? It could be anything, from taking a test, to knowing why your engine sounds like a cat is stuck inside, and is screaming for help.

Well, today, I took my entrance exam for the nursing school. I don't know if I did good enough to get in, but they are supposed to call me to let me know whether or not I made it. It's now under an hour until they tell me.

I hate waiting. When you want to know something important, or looking forward to something, it seems like time slows down. And that's the only thing that is running through your mind.

Sleep is elusive. I tried taking a nap, to get my mind off of the results, and I couldn't sleep. I tried reading, but my mind wandered from the story line to the what if questions.

I swear, I'm going to grow old before knowing the results. If I do make it, then my sister-in-law and I are going out for a few drinks to celebrate. And if I don't make it, my sister-in-law and I are going out to drown my misery away. So at least that is a win-win situation. I'll be getting drunk either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment