Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nursing School Here I Come!

I got my acceptance letter for the nursing school at Platt College the other day! I was so excited. This is what I want to do. I want to be a nurse. The only thing I stumbled on was why I want to be a nurse.

I can tell you the reason they want to hear. I want to be a nurse because I like caring for people. That's true, I don't like someone being in distress medically. But that's not the true reason why I want to be a nurse. I really can't tell you, other than it's in my blood to be one. Every fiber of my being wants to be a nurse. I think this is what I am supposed to do. If not, then I wouldn't have made it into the nursing school.

I kind of knew that I was getting in once the Director of Nursing stayed behind after the group interview to talk with me. I didn't want to count my chickens though. Because I got my hopes up, they could have been smashed into the ground.


All I have to do is get through school, get my degree, then get my license. After that, I am home free. Then I will be working at the hospital. I can't wait for that. I know the shifts are two 12 hour shifts, but I am used to working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. So I think I will be perfect for the job.

All I have to say, is never give up on your dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment