Thursday, January 6, 2011


So today has been an interesting day. Or least in the morning. Found out that Mike's chief really can be a dick. Sorry he was being one. Mike texted me this morning and told me that he had to be at medical by eight this morning. Which was cool, I know why. He needed his hearing test done.

I pick him up, take him over there after having breakfast at McDonalds on base. Waited there for maybe an hour or so. You know how hospitals could be so slow. My son was with me. His chief knew that we were there because he saw us there.

Did that stop him? No. He told Mike that he wanted him back in the shop so he can talk to him. Okay. No problem. Both my husband and I were thinking it wasn't going to be long.

Wrong! I waited out in the cold, in my car, wasting gas to keep my baby warm, for almost an hour and a half. Was his chief talking to him at all? NO! He decided to go to the other hangar, put his thumbs in his butt, and act like he didn't see my husband. After that, he decided he was going  to a meeting.

When I heard that, I got furious. Why not talk to my husband BEFORE doing anything else if it's so important? Why make his wife and NINE MONTH old baby wait out there for that long? The least he could've done was tell my husband to tell me to go home.

So I told my husband to go talk to the Gunnery Sergeant about how long it was going to take. And to kindly remind him that his wife and baby were out waiting for him. At this point, I couldn't take it. I marched my happy ass into his shop, asked where the office was at. Then that's when I heard gunny yelling at mike at the top of his lungs.

I decided to further be a nuicance and just sit there, with my child, waiting. Because I was going to tell gunny off for being a major pain. Well, gunny had the same thought, to talk to me. So they leave out another way, get all scared that I was in there raising holy hell and using Donnie as nun -chucks.

I wasn't, I was just sitting there. Gunny takes me, my child, and my husband back into the office. That's when a wordless conversation took place. It went something like this.

Me: Oh so you want to yell at me?
Gunny: I need to talk to you.
Me: If you yell at me, who is a civilian, did nothing wrong and in front of my baby, you'll be wearing my size six shoe. And not on your foot.

At that point, Gunny out loud told me that I could leave any time I wanted, that he just wanted to talk to me. So I sat down with my son, and heard him out. He told me that I was well within my rights to be mad at them. But I have to consider my husbands professional life. He then asked me why I waited for so long because his wife would've just left and made him walk home. I kindly sat there and told him that I wasn't going to do it with my husband, that that's your problem.

I told him also that yeah, I was here for four and a half hours, and I thought I was only going to be here for a couple. I only had one bottle, albeit a big one, that he already ate, three more diapers, and I'm not prepared to sit all day waiting for chief to come back to further yell at my husband.

At that point he told us we can go home, but don't be surprised if chief calls him back. Yeah, my left tooshie, because he never did.

My point? What the hell were these people thinking? You know that both of them have family, and they wouldn't have put up with this at all, but when the shoe's on the other foot, they don't care. I can't wait until my husband is out.


  1. I find myself holding my tongue a lot so as to keep my hubby out of trouble. It sucks, but since I'm not the primary breadwinner, I keep my mouth shut so the rest of us can keep eating. lol Yoga worked for me. And blogging.

    On an unrelated note, I'm halfway through my first Bentley Little book. Loving him so far.

  2. I was in the military and I have the advantage of being able to call their BS. I know how things are supposed to go.

    On the side note, which book did you get of Bentley Little? He is a good author isn't he?