Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bacon and Eggs

Note: The title doesn't describe this post. Just that my husband is going to, maybe, cook some breakfast. That is, if he can get off of Call of Duty.

So it is 2011. Great. Another year has past. Another year, and I'm that much older. Yay for me! I know that you're sitting there thinking, but you're only 23. Yeah, and your point is?

I feel that people can feel older than what they actually are. Their life experiences and such are so much that an old person is now looking out the young eyes. That's how my life feels sometimes.

I have traveled the world, have seen a lot of things, done a lot of things, and now raising a baby. Which can drain your energy faster than exercising I feel.

Some parts of the world I miss. Beautiful Japan, how I miss you. And the FUCK YA bar! That's a good name. I have spent a lot of time in that bar. I also miss the trains. It's weird, I know. Who in their right mind would like to ride a train? Well if that's what you are thinking, then you never been to Japan. It's not like the train systems here. Their nice and quiet, which means you have time to actually here yourself think. Although, never, ever, in any circumstance ride that damn train during rush hour. Not if you don't want to be ass to ass with a total stranger.

Also there are some great shopping to be done in Japan. I went on a shopping spree once and spent over three hundred dollars on clothes alone. I was happy. It was cold, but I was happy.

Some parts of the world I can forget. Like Chili. Where I was at, that was gross. The beaches were great though. And South Korea. Talk about being on edge, what with that crazy ass dictator, Kim Jong, sitting not but a country away. I say we need to do something about him. Ah but don't worry, we will.

So this Friday my husband and I will be able to get out of the house  for a little while. His command is throwing a late christmas party and we're going. It wasn't supposed to have happened like that. He just bought a ticket to get out of working next weekend. Then someone else gave him his ticket because he didn't want to go, but didn't want to work either. So now we're going. I can't wait. I know that I am going to be the DD, but I have some whiskey for later.

I have to say thank you to our baby sitter Friday. Me and her have practically followed each other around the world. From Florida to Lemoore. Every place I go, she's there. And I think I actually talked her husband and her to move to Oklahoma. I figure it's destiny. If we have been at the same place over and over again for three years, wouldn't it be sweet if we ended up living close to each other too?

Well, Donnie has learned to say momma. Don't get me wrong, he knew that word and every once in awhile he would say it. But now he says it all the time. Like if he gets mad, or if he wants to be picked up. Which is so sweet because he comes over to me, grabs my leg, looks up, and says momma over and over again.

He's getting to be so big now. I remember when I brought him home from the hospital. I know, he's only nine months, and still a baby, but it seems amazing how fast time goes. It feels like yesterday that I was on deployment, hating it, and wishing that I was off of that damn steel prison. Now I am and it seems that I can't stop thinking about that ship and the people I knew on there.

Well, I think that I have gone on too long. Better days!

No comments:

Post a Comment